How Can You Help?
With Your Time
"Wish I May" is a volunteer run organization by people in our community striving to make a difference one child and one birthday at a time. We are always in need of enthusiastic people who want to jump in and donate time to pull together all the trappings of a birthday, deliver bags to our partners or are willing to make a toy run when companies have a toy drive.
With Your Gifts
We need toys!!! We need party goods!!! And we need your help in getting the word out to your co-workers, family and friends. Serving children age 1 -15 we can use any age group toy, gift cards, and everything you would want to throw your own party or a party for a child you love.
Gift Suggestions for Toddlers
- Pull toys
- Bath Toys
- Hit the Fisher Price aisle and have fun
Gift Suggestions for School Age Kids
- Coloring books
- Board games
- Baby dolls
- Balls - basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls, footballs
- Stuffed animals
- Girly stuff - hair accessories, lotions, nail polish, purses
- Action figures
- Trucks/remote control cars
- Craft Sets
- Drawing Sets
Gift Suggestions for the Older Kids
- Nail Polish
- Makeup Sets
- Bath and Body sets
- Fishing supplies
- Fleece Blankets
- Axe Deodorant
- Ear phones/buds
- Adult coloring books
Gift cards from
- Old Navy
- Best Buy
- Academy Sports
- Party plates, cups, & napkins
- Gift bags (all sizes)
- Birthday cards
- Cake mix and Icing
*Christian County donations can be dropped off at any Guaranty Bank location, Queen City Printing, XFit (4350 S. National Ave) or MacPherson Law Firm in Nixa.
What are Fun Ways to Get What "Wish I May" Needs?
- Host a virtual birthday party and direct your guests by invitation to "wishimay.org" to purchase a gift for a child. We will send them a thank you note from you for their generous participation!! You don't even have to clean the kitchen and decorate... we just add the toys to the shelves and you are a birthday HERO!!!
- Have a dress down day at your company to benefit Wish I May.
- Have your Sunday School class choose a different age each month and bring age appropriate toys
- Ask your customers to help "Wish I May" with a toy drive or a cake mix drive. We'll bring you some great birthday boxes to collect the donations in!
- Allow us to share Wish I May's mission at your next club or organization's meeting.
The most fun way?
- Throw a birthday party for yourself or a friend– but this year ask for toys for "Wish I May" – when was the last time you got to open tons of toys? And this time you'll know every one of them will go to a deserving child!